You work for money and in return you must expect money to help you fulfil your life goals. To make that happen, prudent financial planning and investing is something that you should immediately be doing.
Why do you need a proper Financial Plan? Why won’t simple RDs and SIPs work?
A financial plan enables you to construct a road map to achieve all the financial goals and helps you build a contingency fund for any unforeseen events that may take place. It ensures that you are well equipped to deal with dynamically changing circumstances at a personal and macro level. Ad hoc investments into Fixed Deposits and Mutual fund SIPs lead to inefficient utilisation of your financial resources.
What is achieved through a Financial Plan?
- Management of cash flows and budgeting
- Efficient management of debt
- Streamlining of your Investments
- Investment in the right instruments
- Correct asset allocation
- Weeding out inefficient financial products
- Calculating the right Insurance cover
- Identify and set pragmatic financial goals
- Develop a regular savings habit
- A blueprint to your long term goals
How to go about it?
Step 1 – Fix your relationship with money: By buying only the things that you need because “If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Step 2 – Set clear definitions of your goals and execute a financial plan: Classify your long-term and short-term financial goals. and channelise your income into productive avenues. Thereby avoiding ad hoc purchases while remaining focussed on financial goals that are close to your heart. To again quote Warren Buffett, “Do not save what is left after spending; instead spend what is left after saving.”
Step 3 – Save systematically to build your wealth over the long term: To attain financial freedom, above all, you have to be patient. Wealth building is a gradual process. Your goals will probably look pretty big once they are quantified. That kind of money takes years to build, and everybody starts small. Investing regularly also helps in dealing with market volatility.
What to expect from Finvision?
When you decide to engage with us for financial planning, we will be serving you with the following;
- Assessment of all your Financial Goals (retirement, children’s education, property, & so on)
- Prioritisation of your lifestyle goals
- Check goal affordability & help rationalise goals (if necessary)
- Evaluate your risk tolerance and appetite
- Review existing investments
- Come up with a customised asset allocation for each goal (or goal groups)
- Provide goal based investment plan
- Do periodic review of the plan and act accordingly
- Life and Health Insurance needs and advice suitable products
- Contingency fund requirement and advice on how and where to create a suitable emergency fund
We at Finvision are of the view that everyone needs a financial plan, whether you earn Rs. 20,000 per month or Rs. 2 lakh per month. Please, recognise that achieving financial nirvana isn’t as difficult as it is often made out to be. To get there, all one needs to do is, construct a viable financial plan and be determined about achieving it. Many of you might not have the time and expertise to plan and execute your own financial plan, hence, it would be prudent to invest in the advice of an expert/ financial planner who might help you to plan and manage your finances better. We don’t use an off-the-shelf one-size-fits-all plan. We are well equipped to monitor and actively switch portfolios if the market demands. Each and every plan is customised to reflect your actual financial situation and requirements to achieve your lifestyle goals.